Collection. We may only collect personal information that is specifically authorized at law, or where the collection is necessary to provide you with a program or service. We collect personal information directly from you, unless another manner of collection is authorized by law.
Notice. When we collect personal information in connection with providing a program or service, we provide you with a notice that explains (at minimum) the:
- legal authority for the collection
- principal purposes for which the information will be used
- contact information of a person who can answer your questions about the collection, use and disclosure of your information
A Notice may include more information than what is set out above.
Use. We may only use personal information for the purpose it has been collected, or for a consistent purpose, unless another use is specifically authorized at law.
Disclosure. We may only disclose personal information where we have legal authority to do so, or where the disclosure is for the purpose that we collected the information, such as providing you with a program or service.
What kind of information is collected? When you browse or download information from our website, our servers automatically collect limited amounts of standard information for traffic monitoring and statistical purposes. The information is analyzed for operational trends, performance, and for ways to improve our sites.
We collect the following standard types of information:
- Internet Protocol (IP) addresses of the computers being used to access our sites
- operating systems and the types and versions of browsers used to access our sites
- Internet Service Providers used by visitors to our sites
- dates and times individuals access our sites
- pages visited
- keywords individuals enter into our search engine
- names and sizes of files requested
- Personal information: first name, last name, organization name and email address.
We collect the above noted information to provide you with access to information available on our Website. Our computer systems use hardware and software to anonymously monitor unauthorized attempts to upload or change information at our Website, disrupt service, or otherwise cause damage. As a general practice, we make no attempt to link this information with the identity of individuals visiting our sites. If an attempt to damage our Website has been detected, we can take further action.
What happens when you send us personal information?
You may choose to provide us with personal information such as your name and e-mail address if you wish to:
- submit an email to register to the Website to access the educational content
- submit an email, comment, question, request or subscribe for information online
- provide feedback or answer quizzes or vignettes online
When you visit our Website, any personal information you provide will be used to respond to your message and/or provide you with the requested service or product. At the time the information is collected, you will be informed of the specific purpose for which it is being collected.
Withdrawing Consent. You may, at any time, withdraw your consent to Montreal Derm FilEZ™ collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information, subject to reasonable notice and any legal and/or contractual restrictions. Should you choose to withdraw your consent, Montreal Derm FilEZ™ may be unable to provide, or continue to provide, the services that can only be provided if we receive appropriate and required Personal Information.